Parallel Internet query engines which you can use to submit your questions to several search engines at one time.
- Ask Jeeves a question in plain English and you will receive a reply from either Jeeves' list of human selected sites or from a metasearch of several of the major search engines. There is also Ask Jeeves for Kids. Jeeves is a fun place to visit, but lacks the relevance and precision needed by the serious searcher.
- Chubba submits searches to WhatUSeek, Yahoo, Alta Vista, Excite, Infoseek, Hot Bot, and Lycos. Results may be returned either grouped by search engine or combined. You may not specify which search engines are to be used. Chubba is operated by WhatUSeek.
- Debriefing searches Alta Vista, Hot Bot, Yahoo, Infoseek, Excite, Webcrawler, and Lycos. Results are ranked by relevance, duplicates are eliminated. Debriefing works smoothly and efficiently. Use the advance search option to control the amount of time of the search.
- You may specify which of 18 search engines is to be used for the search, and the amount of time to be spent on the search. It is also possible to search Usenet news groups, and people and business directories. The results from each search site are presented separately.
- Search the web, Usenet newsgroups, FTP sites, business news, stock quotes, weather and newswires. Results are returned rapidly, but are not combined. Their Metafind uses six search engines (web pages only) and combines the search results and sorts them by search engine, domain, Alphabetically, or by keyword.
- Submit your search to 5 search engines (Yahoo, Lycos, Infoseek, Web Crawler, and Excite). References are listed on the search results page in order of relevance, and the search engine from which the reference was retrieved is indicated. There are Boolean AND and OR search options. The amount of time spent on the search can be specified, and there are two options for the number of references retrieved. These folks have a sense of humor too which is nice to see in a search site.
- The basic metasearch uses 7 search engines to search web sites, news, Usenet, stock quotes, MP3 files, images, and sounds. The results are combined and duplicates eliminated. The power search option allows you to specify the search engines used and other options such as the time spent on the search.
- Uses 7 search engines and the results of all the search engines are combined. You may not specify which search engines are used. Metacrawler offers meta searches of specialized engines and directories through its channels. You may use MetaSpy to see the search terms that other people are searching for - if you have nothing better to do with your life.
- For those who do not wish to cope with a large directory. This well organized directory is international in scope, and provides an excellent starting point if you do not want to surf through a bigger directory.
- Meta search site for German and American search engines. Search in either English or German.
- Four different ways for you to search
- You can choose to submit your search to from one to nine search engines, or let Profusion pick the 3 best search engines to fit your terms. Results can be displayed with or without summaries. Results are combined and duplicates are eliminated. From the University of Kansas.
E-mail to Frank