1. That I have an obligation to the dancers; therefore, I shall provide information, instruction and leadership to enable and encourage the dancer to develop to his/her full potential so that he/she may derive the maximum satisfaction and pleasure from the activity.
2. That I have an obligation to club organizations; therefore I shall participate in the development and maintenance of a sound and respected club organization, and shall endeavor to discharge this obligation to the best of my ability and to advise them wisely and honestly.
3. That I have an obligation to the profession; therefore, I shall respect the dignity of the leaders, teachers, and callers as persons, and shall maintain a good reputation for personal integrity.
4. That I have an obligation to the activity as a whole; therefore, in my personal, business and social contacts, I shall be conscious of its heritage and its future, and conduct myself accordingly.
5. That I have an obligation to continue to work for professional growth, to adhere to uniform nomenclature, to learn, to lead and to contribute to the total square dance movement to the maximum of my ability.
6. That I have an obligation to all associations dealing with the square dance activity; therefore, I shall promote a spirit of cooperation between the various elements of the association.
7. I will conduct myself at dances in a responsible manner that would not shame other callers in the profession. This includes: (1) Making every reasonable effort to arrive at calling engagements early enough that the dance will begin on time. (2) Refraining from using language in bad taste or telling jokes that may be embarrassing to the dancers, or calling under the influence of alcohol, and (3) Staying within the guidelines of the advertised dance program without variances.
8. Except in extreme emergencies, I will honor all contracts I sign meaning: (1) I will fulfill all items on the contract; (2) I will not cancel any contract if that cancellation causes a hardship on the sponsoring group. This includes giving sufficient and adequate notice of any cancellation that may be absolutely necessary; (3) I will not send a replacement caller unless this is first approved with the contracting group; and (4) I will conduct my financial affairs within the square dance activity in a responsible manner. This includes paying my debts on time, or making acceptable arrangements if unable to pay on time.
I accept these obligations as a personal
responsibility and solemn pledge both in spirit and in fact, in a matter
consistent with the highest standard of professional services as a member
of CALLERLAB - The International Association of Square Dance Callers.
I shall discharge these obligations and dedicate myself to that end.